Friday, June 19, 2015

MS SQL 2012 Certification

From past couple of weeks I was preparing for exam 70-461 (Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012) certification after completing 70-462 (Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases) and I got a break through last week when I cleared my exam. So YES!!!!! I've completed 2 Levels for a MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate) and now I am MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional).

Just because of your encouragement it boosted me to go ahead and complete this certification. A biggggg thank you to you all and special thanks to Sanjeevi K for his guidance.

As I maintain this blog for SQL Server and since now I have fair idea now about these exams so thought of sharing this with you so that I can guide you guys if you are planning for these certifications.

For those who don’t have much idea about how to give certification below is the simple procedure:

1.    Go to the Microsoft site
2.    Create a Live ID.
3.    Cost for the certification is 4500 INR (Till Now).
4.    Enter your complete address. Depending on your address it will automatically display your nearest prometric center.
5.    Select the best possible date and time for the exam which suits you.
6.    Once it is confirmed on exam date reach the center 15 min prior.

Following are the brief note on the exam:

Total Questions: 42
Total Marks: 1000
Duration: 120 Minutes
Passing Score: 700 (70% minimum score you should score to pass)

1. Most of the questions are MCQ i.e. Almost 32-35 questions.
2. Few of the questions are query designing i.e. Designing Views, SP's or Functions.
3. And rest Query designing but along with options.
4. Weightage of these questions is not same as each question are independent. Marks for each question are not displayed it is calculated internally. At the end of the exam the total score will be displayed.

You can follow the below official link from Microsoft for more detail:

https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-in/sql-certification.aspx

Hope this will help you at least a bit about the exam 70-461. You can leave your comments here or call me for more information.

Keep in touch... And Happy Learning....

I appreciate and thank you for reading this post. J

No comments:

Post a Comment